Tutors help students learn! They can provide you with study skills to help learn a new or confusing subject or better understand your course content.
Free Tutoring Services Available to You
Rio Salado College provides free in-person and online tutoring services to currently enrolled students.
In-person tutoring is available at the Tutoring Center at Rio Salado College Tempe and select other locations.
Online tutoring sessions with Brainfuse tutors are available through the RioLearn learning portal. Brainfuse administrates the college's online tutoring services.
Access Brainfuse here
When Tutoring Might Benefit Your Learning
There are many reasons why students turn to a tutor for help. You might benefit from connecting with a tutor if you experience any of the following in your learning journey. When you:
- Feel concerned about your ability to meet the goals of a class or subject
- Want to better understand concepts of a subject you are studying
- Need help understanding homework and assignments
- Want to improve your study methods and skills
- Want help preparing for upcoming exams
- Call the Tutoring Center at Rio Salado College (480) 517-8247 to learn more. The center does not accept appointments (except for Google Meet Statistics students)
- See Frequently Asked Questions About Tutoring
The Role of a Tutor in Your Learning
The role of the tutor is to provide you with skills and tools that help you succeed in your learning journey. Tutors do not do your work for you. Here are examples of tasks that are not the responsibility of a tutor:
- Completing your homework and assignments
- Making up for missed classes/assignments/prerequisite courses
- Completing tests (including take-home or make-up tests)
- Line-by-line correcting, editing, proofreading or translating of your work
- Teaching you material that is not included in your coursework
- Covering a semester’s worth of work in the days leading up to your final exams
- Commenting on your instructor’s feedback or grades you may have received